Monday 5 January 2015

Back to Home school :)

As you may have read in my first post I was Ill at the beginning of December. Well that horrid little virus wouldn't leave me alone, so I decided to put my feet up for December. Therefore Home school was put on hold until today.
I have made a schedule for week days right from getting up to going to bed, I put it on the wall for all to see so the children because ER likes to have structure. Otherwise she gets upset and all hell breaks loose.
As my neighbours have experienced for the past 4 weeks, and we've had the dreaded 'knock knock knock, can you keep the noise down please' so for their sanity and my tenancy I drew up a plan.
Things seem to be going well so far.
Anyway back to the home schooling.
I found a cheap planetarium craft set in 'the works'
so I decided we would learn about space for a full term and make a planet each week, ER really enjoyed it when we learned about Neptune.
We learned about the sun, I found some facts in a book and found a cute little video on youtube (that ER made me play twice because she liked the song)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-kzdR93bqw
We did some maths from workbooks and we took out a subscription with conquer maths its £7.77 a month if you use the discount code HOMEED



No comments:

Post a Comment