Sunday 7 December 2014

Day 4

Today we focused of phonics and spellings. I thought we'd start with the basics and see where to go from there. ER has the reading age of 6.8 even though shes 5.7 so I expected her to fly through the CVC spelling test I set up. To my surprise she only got 5/10 I had a look to see if there was a connection with the mistake and there was. The letter E and I she seems to get mixed up with the sounds so next time we do phonics I think we will concentrate more on those letter sounds.

I feel good that I have noticed the issue as soon as it happened, it fills me with confidence that I am actually capable of doing this home school stuff. I have been nervous and worried, wondering if I was capable but as the days go on I realise that she is literally like a sponge, sucking up all the information. Its a beautiful thing to see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment